Nobody can deny that Majorca is a powerful magnet for all those who want to enjoy a few days of rest between the sea and the mountains, contemplating landscapes that take your breath away and tasting the most genuine Mediterranean cuisine. However, this is not the only attraction of the largest Balearic island, as the Majorcan territory is also a pole of attraction for business tourism or MICE, as it is known by its acronym in English. Want to know why? If so, we invite you to get to know the best fairs, conventions and events in Majorca.
And no, we are not only talking about events related to the hotel or catering sector, but also others that revolve around art, boats, weddings or the publishing world, without forgetting about the centuries-old agricultural and livestock fairs that the rural areas of the Majorcan geography still offer, and that connect with traditional ways of life that have managed to reinvent themselves and adapt to the new times.
With our rental cars in Majorca, you can enjoy these events at your own pace, moving around the island with total freedom and without having to worry about public transport schedules. So you know about all the important fairs or conventions in Majorca, ROIG summarizes the most relevant ones, ordered according to the date they are celebrated (but keep in mind that this may vary). Pay attention!
Do not miss the main exhibitions and conventions of Mallorca
Although Majorca is the quintessential destination for sun and beach, the island can also boast an extensive agenda of fairs and conventions. In any case, we recommend you check the exact dates before booking your trip to Majorca, as they change every year.
- HORECA Baleares. Dedicated to the hotel and restaurant industry, this annual fair is held at the beginning of February at the Palma Arena exhibition center, in the center of Palma de Mallorca. The event, aimed at professionals, showcases the exhibitors’ products and accommodates other parallel activities, such as demonstrations or conferences. This space also aims to be a meeting point between professionals, in which companies can expand their client base, create synergies or close commercial agreements.
- HITEC Europe. In April 2020, and for four days, the Palacio de Congresos de Palma hosts the largest congress in the world on technology applied to the hotel sector. Hence, it is a unique opportunity for professionals to know the latest trends in European and international industry in this field. HTEC Europe also includes training activities, exhibitions and conferences on current issues.
- Palma International Boat Show. The Moll Vell in Palma is the setting chosen for the largest nautical show in Majorca, which takes place every year between the end of April and the beginning of May. The figures speak for themselves: 82,000 m2 of exhibition, 260 direct exhibitors, more than 600 boats -300 of them at sea- and more than 100 luxury yachts. Therefore, it has become a reference for luxury tourism in Majorca.
- International Congress of Microimmunotherapy (ICoMI). At the end of May, the Palma Convention Center accommodates this triennial medical congress -celebrated in 2017, 2020 … -, in which scientists and health professionals from all over the world come together to discuss innovative discoveries and therapies for metabolic diseases such as diabetes and cancer, as well as for chronic inflammation.
- ArtMallorca. In the second half of September, the Palacio de Congresos de Palma hosts ArtMallorca, the new International Art Fair in the Mediterranean, held annually and sponsored by the Basel Art Center. Considered as one of the major cultural events in Majorca, it contributes to the international projection of Palma as a European cultural destination and brings together more than 40 prestigious galleries from all over the world. A must, in short, for collectors and art lovers.
- Món Esportiu Mallorca. At the end of September, sport takes over Mallorca’s fair calendar. This proposal is designed for all companies whose activity is linked to sport and physical activity, whether through sports equipment, nutrition and dietetics, personal training, machines for gyms and fitness centers … The congress, which is held at Palma Arena, is aimed at athletes, both amateurs and professionals, who want to be aware of the latest developments in the business.
- ExpoHabitat Mallorca. Coinciding with the second half of October, the Palma Arena opens its doors every year to the largest showcase for companies dedicated to the world housing in Majorca: real estate management, design, interior design, reforms, equipment, home automation, furniture … In this way, companies present their news and services to those individuals who wish to upgrade their home. In this sense, we must not lose sight of the fact that Majorca is a very attractive destination for international investors looking for a second home, which explains the potential of this event.
- Nupcial Bridal Experience. The second week of November, the Palma Arena becomes a must-visit for all those people who are immersed in the preparations for their wedding or other ceremonies. Here they have everything they need for the big day: dresses, beauty treatments, invitations, decoration, catering … Is this your case? If you are also in the countdown to your special day, do not miss our transport services for weddings in Majorca.
Agricultural fairs in Majorca: leisure, culture … and much more!
Although we have just talked about medical advances and cutting-edge technologies applied to the hotel sector, this Balearic island is also synonymous with tradition and activities linked to the countryside that are still very active. Proof of this is the excellent health enjoyed by the numerous agricultural fairs of Majorca. Do you want to familiarize yourself with them? Here are the most renowned.
- Fira del Ram de Palma. A classic that serves as a preamble to the Easter holidays, and that takes place between the end of February and until Easter. Located in the Son Fusteret industrial park, in Palma, and run by the Balearic Fair, this event brings together 170 booths and attractions for the whole family, making it an ideal option if you are traveling with children to Majorca. The site has many parking spaces, so you can move there without complications with your rental car in Majorca. And if you are a resident, remember that it is an unbeatable choice to enjoy the school holidays.
- Fira d’Andratx. This town in the southwest of Majorca also has an agricultural, livestock and industrial fair, in which the center of attention are organic products, local crafts and native cattle. The event takes place in March.
- Fira de la Taronja de Sóller. Between March and April, it is the turn of this municipality of the Serra de Tramuntana. This fair, which has the orange and citrus fruits as the axis – one of the flagship products of the municipality – is also backed by local restaurants.
- Sant Joan agricultural, livestock and industrial fair. At the end of April, the town of Sant Joan, in the center of Majorca, launches an annual event in which local companies and artisans take part. Possesions – large rural estates – also take part by providing livestock for exhibitions. They also exhibit and sell cars, agricultural machinery, birds of falconry and artisan sausage, among others.
- Sant Marc-Sa Fira 2019. Documented since 1318, it is the oldest fair in Majorca. It is an agricultural, livestock, industrial and artisan fair, in which ecological products obtained from native animals are exhibited and sold to the public. The event, which takes place at the beginning of May, also offers a Majorcan goat contest.
- Fira de Maig de Camps. This livestock and artisan fair, better known as the Fira de Ses Vaques, takes place on the second weekend of May in Camps (in the south of Majorca, very close to the tourist centers of Santanyí, Portopetro and Colònia de Sant Jordi). With this event, you can get closer to the ways of life of this small town, which became one of the largest producers of cow’s milk in Spain.
- Pollença Wine Fair. The second weekend of May, the cloister of Santo Domingo, in Pollença, annually attracts fans of good wine. Born in 2004, it is jointly organized by the Pollença City Council and the Vi Primitiu Association.
- Book Fair. Between the end of May and the beginning of June, the Passeig del Born in Palma offers Majorcans the latest literature releases. Bookshops, publishers and writers turn to a week dedicated to the literary universe, and in which this emblematic avenue of the Majorcan capital is filled with book stalls.
- Fira de Artà. This Majorcan village, famous for its caves, organizes one of the most important and multitudinous fairs of Majorca at the beginning of September, with an agricultural, livestock, industrial and artisan theme. The fair exhibits cars, motorcycles and cars, hitch cars and animals, and proposes various cultural activities.
- Fira de Manacor. In the middle of September, Manacor hosts a fair that revolves around organic farming and the Balearic artisanal product. Likewise, the avenue des Tren becomes the stage for music shows, concerts and a typical Majorcan folklore dance.
- Fira d’Alcúdia. At the beginning of October, the emblematic town of Alcúdia, in the north of the island, hosts this livestock, craft, commercial and service fair, where there is no shortage of gastronomical samples to bring local flavors closer to visitors.
With our rent-a-car in Majorca, you have no excuse not to enjoy the best fairs, conventions and events in Majorca. And if you prefer not to rent a car, you can also book your transfers and travel to the airport or the island with our taxis in Majorca. Pack your suitcase and do not stay at home!