More than 16 million annual foreign visitors. This data reflects Majorca’s indisputable power of attraction, one of the most coveted destinations in the Mediterranean to enjoy the good weather and endless jaw-dropping places: Palma, the insular capital; towns full of history, dreamy natural landscapes, beaches and impressive coves … If you also want to get closer to all these treasures in the most comfortable way, you cannot miss out on the numerous advantages of renting a car in Majorca.
This Balearic island has all kinds of first-class services and infrastructures, designed to meet the expectations of the most demanding travelers. However, when it comes to travelling its territory, we must bear in mind that the public transport network does not reach all the corners of its geography. Hence, resorting to the comfort of rental cars in Majorca is always a safe bet.
In addition, this choice will not only put all the secrets of this fantastic destination at your disposal but will also provide you with great freedom of movement. You can visit it whenever you want and how you want, without ties and without depending on the Palma metro, train or bus timetables, or the combinations and connections to which you must resort to when trying to get where you want. This is something that can only be offered by car rental in Majorca.
In any case, the advantages of renting a car in Majorca go much further. If you still have doubts, we invite you to keep reading. You will be convinced!
Why rent a car in Majorca?
The 3,640 km² that Majorca comprises not only make it the largest of the Balearic Islands, but one of the largest in the Mediterranean too. This explains why the distances between their various locations can sometimes be too long. In fact, it has about 555 km of coastline, as well as a length of 100 km from north to south and 80 km from east to west. Thus, a rental car in Majorca is always a great ally to squeeze the most out of your weekend getaway (or the days you prefer).
In the case of the main urban centers, you can choose to travel by bus. However, as we have indicated previously, the timetables may not adapt to the requirements of your trip to Majorca and their frequency is sometimes insufficient. And when it comes to your holiday … Why waste time waiting when you could be sunbathing on a deserted cove or strolling around the rooms of the Almudaina Palace?
The same goes for trains in Majorca. You must consider that the island barely has an 85-kilometer-long railway system, which only covers some of the most important towns, such as Palma de Mallorca, Manacor, Inca or Sa Pobla. As for the metro, this service is limited to the island capital.
We must also mention that the price of buses and coaches in Majorca is not always that cheap. For example, the ticket from the center of Palma to the airport, equivalent to a 10-minute journey, costs 5 euros per person. If you have a family trip in mind, you just need to calculate and see that rental cars in Majorca can be a good way of saving up.
And since we are talking about economy, why not choose cars that will allow you to reduce fuel consumption and, therefore, your expenses? Specifically, we are thinking about hybrid cars, available within the ROIG Rent a Car fleet of rental cars in Majorca. These vehicles are much more efficient, since they combine an electric combustion engine with a traditional, internal combustion engine. This provides a double benefit, since it uses less gasoline and, at the same time, produces less carbon dioxide emissions than a conventional car, which helps to take care of the environment. All this without forgetting that its electric propulsion system improves the comfort of its occupants. Can you ask for more?
Other benefits of our rental cars in Majorca
In addition to the advantages of a car rental in Majorca that we have already mentioned, ROIG wants to offer you other benefits and additional services, so you only have to dedicate your vacation to what really matters: relaxing and having a break with your loved ones (or, if you’re on a business trip, to have the peace of mind that everything will turn out perfectly). Here they are!
- Free assistance service 24 hours a day. Make sure that no unforeseen event spoils your well-deserved days of rest. If your rental car in Majorca has any mishap, we will solve it immediately, no matter what time it is. And if the incident cannot be solved, we will offer you another vehicle of the same or superior characteristics. It’s that easy!
- Always drive new cars. We want to live up to how much this island offers. Therefore, we renew our fleet of rental vehicles annually, so that you can experience the pleasure of driving around Majorca firsthand.
- Booking without a credit card. Unlike other car rental companies, this is not an indispensable requirement for us. If you hire all our insurance and leave a deposit for gasoline, you can book your rental car in Majorca without having to use your Visa or MasterCard.
- Add a second driver for free. Taking turns behind the wheel is always a good way to enjoy the road more. With us, you can add a second driver at no additional cost.
- Free modifications and booking cancellations. Unfortunately, unforeseen events sometimes come with us on holiday. However, if there are any last-minute change of plans after having booked your vehicle, there is no problem: simply let us know as soon as possible, at least 48 hours before your booking, and we will not penalize you for it.
- Gain time. If you wish, we can take your rental car to the airport of Palma de Mallorca, so you can make use of it as soon as you land on the island. In addition, to be even closer to you, we also have offices in some of the most touristic points of the Majorcan geography, such as Cala d’Or, Santanyí, Portocolom (or Porto Colom) and Cales de Mallorca.
Have you not decided yet? In that case, if you have only planned a few specific trips, you can also choose taxis in Majorca. We also provide this service, with the guarantee of our more than 65 years of experience in the passenger transport business.
With our car rental service in Majorca you can drive all the way across Majorca. What are you waiting for?